Want to go to the National Equality March in Washington, DC this Sunday, October 11th?!
Still need to get on a bus from Columbia?
The National Equality march will be the first national grassroots march for LGBT rights since 1993. There are going to be around 40 buses of activists going to the march just from New York City!
This weekend’s march has one simple demand:
Equal protection for all LGBT people in all matters governed by civil law in all 50 states. Free and equal people do not bargain for or prioritize our rights. Full equality necessarily includes all members of the LGBT community and encompasses, but is not limited to:
- The right to work our jobs and go to school free of harassment and discrimination.
- The right to safety in our daily lives, and protection from hate crimes.
- The right to equitable healthcare, and the right to donate blood.
- The right to equitable immigration policies.
- The right to marry.
- The right to serve in the military openly.
If you still need transportation to the march, there will be a bus departing from 116th and Broadway on Sunday morning at 6am and returning Sunday night after the march. The cost is $35 and you can buy your tickets here:
(Register for the Columbia University/Upper West Side bus)
Please note that tickets need to be purchased by wednesday 10/7 to confirm a spot on the bus.
If you’d like to go to DC for the march, but absolutely cannot afford to pay the $35 cost, please email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately!